How to get stuff done on the MTN Nigeria network without calling 180


On today's “Do It Yourself” (DIY) article, we shall be discussing how you can get things done with respect to MTN Nigeria services without having to call and wait for a long time to be attended to by a customer service representative. Time is money and therefore must be utilised wisely. If you are on the MTN Nigeria network and unaware of this service I sure believe this info will be useful to you.

To add to its valued customer service strategy MTN Nigeria provides customers with an easy way to access and or subscribe to its services without calling 180. This service is the MTN Nigeria Service Command. To access the MTN Nigeria Service Command service all you need do is dial *123# and send from your mobile phone. Once done you will see a menu listing the following:
  1. My Tools
  2. My Services
  3. Prepaid plans
  4. My Data Plans
  5. MTN Play
To access the submenu of the above options just type the corresponding number and then send.

Let’s take an example, I wish to see my phone number, for those who do not know theirs off heart, all I need do is type 1, which corresponds to My MTN Tools and then press select, options, or send button depending on your phone type or model. You should then see another menu, which displays the following:
  1. Balance Enquiry
  2. Recharge
  3. My Tariff Plan
  4. Get Phone Settings
  5. My number
Following the same steps above, respond with 5 corresponding to My Number. Immediately you will see your phone number on your screen.

To get phone settings like internet/wap for instance, you follow the same process above but under the My Tools menu, you send 4. In a matter of seconds, your wap settings should arrive to your phone for installation.

Other cool services you can subscribe to using the Nigeria Service Command service include Sports Update with respect to the European Premiership League, Italian Serie A etc for football lovers, daily motivational messages, MTN Family and Friends Service Caller Tunez, Entertainment news etc. why not explore the simplicity of utilizing the Nigeria Service Command service to save you the stress of always having to wait a long time before you are attended to.

In my next post about MTN network, I will bring you other useful codes. Cheers.

If this tip or info helped, you please share with your friends by either sharing on face book or twitter etc. Also, visit our face book page to become a fan. Also, recommend our page to those close to you as we shall be working towards getting you more info that is useful.

Don’t miss another post, subscribe to our email feeds to get updates as we post them online

Also, search this blog, who knows what you will find.

Comments