How to update you Bank Bio-metric Verification Number (BVN) with UBA without going to the bank

The place of innovation in processes is imperative. It is what makes an individual or entity stand out from the pack and survive in any competitive environment as it were. This is why I was all smiles when UBA contacted me via sms notifying me that I was yet to enroll for or submit my Bio-metric Verification Number (BVN). If you, like me, like to minimize visits to the bank, then this information is for you. This information is for UBA customers only.

I like visiting the bank only for issues like renewing my Debit card (ATM card). I never pray for my
cash to get stuck in the machine or being debited without the machine dispensing the required cash. If that happens, I sure will take the machine home (chuckles).

Back to the BVN talk. Many of us are aware of the stress we went through to enroll for the Bio-metric Verification Number BVN. I for one refused to visit my main banker, Stanbic IBTC to submit mine, which I got from UBA at the time. I simply filled the Bio-metric Verification Number BVN PDF form and submitted online. This is where electronic access becomes welcome, sweet and makes for efficiency.

After that, I still haven’t gone to submit the Bio-metric Verification Number BVN to my other banks. I was sitting at home last night, 29th march 2016, when my phone chimed. I got a message via sms from UBA with the Bio-metric Verification Number BVN notice. I thought I was required to visit any of the UBA branches. But, on a closer look, I became exited with the option given. 

The good news for UBA account holders is that they do not need to go the bank to submit their Bio-metric Verification Number BVN if they have already received it from other banks like I did. If you have and maybe cannot recall it or have misplaced it, simply dial *565*0# if you use MTN for instance and not the number that will be displayed as your Bio-metric Verification Number BVN.

To submit this to your bank (UBA only), simply dial *919*6#. At the prompt to in put your Bio-metric Verification Number BVN, type it into the field provided and submit. That’s all. Now isn’t that easy? Just updating your Bio-metric Verification Number BVN at your convenience at any time of the day anywhere?

That’s the kind of innovation organisations need to provide their customers. Every business needs to be creative and innovative to make life easier for their customers while being efficient with regards to their services. On the long run, customers will naturally gravitate to businesses that offer easy ways of doing any transaction.

Please share this with those that matter in your life and with associates.

Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog posts for future updates. Join us too on Facebook and twitter using any of these to follow on social network or via email feeds using these links: Da HotGrid or Facebook or on Twitter. You can also subscribe to our email via feed burner. Don't forget to reshare please.

Comments